Monday, July 16, 2012

Misc Monday

boy. oh. boy.
i feel like life never slows down!
i guess thats just the feeling i have right now..
this weekend did not disappoint with the excitement!
my weekend recap and ramblings for the day begin now...

linked up with miscellaneous monday and mingle monday

[1] weekend rewind
friday my parents took me on a shopping trip for my birthday. and of course i made the most of my money with deals and coupons! i always feel so much better when i get a deal! and military discounts are almost everywhere.

starting the day off with some grimaldi's pizza and a glass of vino! (for my bday they sent me a coupon for a free large one topping pizza!!!!)

love these shoes i got from DSW....$26 with my bday coupon and clearance price!!!!

i guess you could say i like coral...didn't even realize this until i got home....oh well!

love the jewels and belt i got!!!

friday night we went out to dinner as a family and had a blast!
mexican food is my all time favorite and because it was my bday the waiter brought me a huge piece of tres leches cake (no picture because i DEVOURED it!!!) and a double shot of tequila (which military man had to help finish!!! i'm not a big drinker).

saturday we spent the day touring downtown with my parents.
the alamo

riverwalk

old town la villita and the six flags of texas of course!

sunday we went and saw our house for the last time until its officially ours! we close friday but move in sept....cannot wait to get it all set up and decorated!!!! we made a little trip to the outlets to get some new shoes for military man. on our way home we stopped at the world's largest convenience store 
(buc-ees). it was AWESOME!!! so clean and their food was delicious!


[2]over the weekend i had these two lovely packages 
waiting for me!
it was like christmas
both of my first boxes of monthly memberships had arrived.
and i took plenty of pics to document them!!!!
julep maven nail polish is to die for. i love it. it looks like gel when it goes on!!! seriously way worth it!!! 

birchbox...well worth my $10. i know that each mo may not be as good but its so fun finding out what you've gotten!!! i'll do a whole post of what i got and reviewing it!!!

[3] i applied to seven different school districts last night and am now playing the wait game! i want to find a teaching job so bad so i'm hoping it's not too long of a game.

[4] had to post a little school pride!

[5] i'm starting back bikrim yoga this week...its a love/hate kind of relationship....more leaning to the love!!!

[6] i got two lovely gifts from friends in the mail this week. made my week that they were so kind to think of me!!!


happy monday peeps!
-kristen


8 comments:

  1. What a fun birthday weekend! New follower and stopping in from Mingle Monday.
    Jen @ CraftyMisAdventures.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend!! Dying over those shoes! LOVE LOVE LOVE! And it's so nice to see Texas scenery on another blog! Melts my heart!!! Have a GREAT week!!
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!!! texas is a great place to be :) if you ever make it to san antonio, i'd love to meet up!! have a great tuesday!

      Delete
  3. Sometimes I shop in color. It's kind of funny. Love seeing all your goodies and presents! Ok, one of my best friends lives in San Antonio and she's been telling me I need to come down. We've gotta meet up when I make my way down there, k? Good luck with the house stuff--so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shopping in color happens to me alot!!! when you come to san antonio it's a must we get together!!! thanks for the kind words!!! i'm pretty excited!

      Delete
  4. Absolutely love those shoes! Fabulous!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. still debating on signing up for birchbox!! hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete