Monday, April 11, 2011

It's official....I am teaching....well sort of!!!

This post will probably be a random list of thoughts after a great week and weekend. So here goes.....

~Last week I finally got to meet with my first teacher to shadow! Fourth graders watch out. Mrs. Wright is here to stay :). I will get to observe her class and will be working individually with students on progressing their reading skills. I am beyond excited. It's amazing to finally be doing what I love. Being a teacher is the most exciting and terrifying thing I have ever done. Being a teacher is not just a job to me, it's a way of life. It's helping our youth and guiding them to love learning. Its continuous and an amazing thing to witness. Wish me luck!!!!!

~Over the weekend, short now that I work part time on saturdays, Thomas and I spent a lot of time just relaxing together. We watched a few shows...our new favs....amazing race and secret millionaire. Check them out. We also went to church sunday morning and they posted in the bulletin that they are looking for some pre-school teachers. This of course intrigued me...I am going to be finding out more this week and spend a lot of time with God to decide if this is something I am being called to do. All prayers welcome.

~I made several new bows this weekend, which is a lot of fun for me. I love picking colors and coming up with something new. Hopefully someday I'll have a little girl to put them on :)

~Of course I tried out several new recipes this weekend....probably my favorite part of any day!!!! Here's the list of things I made old and new-bbq ribs, baked beans, cornbread, cinnamon donuts, and tomato soup. I didn't get to the cupcakes but only have half a weekend cuts my baking. I will try and post some of the recipes soon :)

Thanks for stopping by~ Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment