Saturday, February 18, 2012

Student Teaching...A Dream Come True!!

I can't believe it's here... Student Teaching. I feel like this has been an exciting thing lingering in the future that I would never reach. Now, I have to tell y'all it was a scary leap. I had to quit my job in order to do this and being in charge of 24 first graders is scary! But, I couldn't have imagined anything more amazing. I have the greatest mentor teacher and after two weeks, it feels like we've been working together for years. The students are a blast and I am slowly taking over the class. I promise not to turn this blog into a blog just about how amazing my students are and forget to post about cooking, running, and life. But I hope yall enjoy some additions to the blog. First grade is a whole new world for me. Watching their eyes get excited as you read them a new story and listening to them come up with the most creative things...its amazing. I swear, if you are ever having one of those why me days, spend a day with a first grader. They show you a whole new look on the world again. I am also trying to take pleasure in the little things in teaching, things that I know someday will seem boring and a hastle: putting together my first book order (which I check several times a day to see what the kids are picking) and grading papers with my smiley faces, stars, and stickers. I hope to be able to look back at these moments and treasure them. Teaching is not the easiest job out there, nor the best paying job. I know I will get frustrated. I will take those gloomy moments and remember what I wrote the first few weeks of teaching. Ok, enough of my rambling... I wanted to share a few pictures from our first few weeks together.

Arizona turned 100 years old on Valentines Day and we all sang happy birthday!

Sneaky E Project to help them remember that sneaky silent e!!! Of course found on Pinterest.

My First Valentines!!! I even got a precious bracelet from one of my sweeties!

Sweetest hand prints for their families...thanks pinterest!

My first project with the kiddos...their valentines bears! Love the names they named them: Pinkalicious and Blueberry Bear were among the group
Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday!!! I'll be posting a weekly menu this week!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love you already because you have found the magic of being a 1st grade teacher!

    I could go on and on about why I love it so much because Firsties ROCK!

    Yes, there are days I want to bop them on the head but I still get to give them the gift of love and patience...and that is a treasure for me!

    I am your newest follower and would LOVE for you to come visit me! I have TONS and TONS of *freebies! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete