Monday, October 10, 2011

my FIRST run...even if it was "just" a 5k :)

i ran my first 5k. and i'm addicted. i know it was just right over 3 miles, but i had such an amazing time and have set my next goals. i want to do a 12k for christmas and a half in january. thomas is running with me, which makes it even more fun. i think it's great that we are doing something active together. so my first race was the oktoberfest 5k run in tempe, az right on tempe town lake. Lots of pics!!!


our yummy breakfast thanks to waking up WAY too late!

before the race. with our bib on and music blaring.

waiting in the mass crowd to start the run. only time we were next to eachother :)

the beautiful view as i ran.

the girls. so proud of them, they ran the 5 mile and did amazing! the've inspired me to keep running and set new goals.

after the race with our celebratory beer mugs

my sweetie and me after the race

our teammates
can't wait for our next race!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment