**I know two posts in one day, I am bored and sick in bed!!!**
Refrigerator Bran Muffins. Delicious and healthy. The wheat bran flakes I found at Sprouts.
Sesame Chicken. It was delicious. I served this with white rice and edamame.
Fish Taco's from Anne Burell on Food Network. No picture yet, will take my own :). These are super simple. They took me about 10 minutes to prep and now all I have to do is bake them for 10 minutes. I will serve it with mexican rice and chips-n-salsa.
Mexican Lasagna. Served with leftover rice and chips from previous meal.
Good ole leftover night!!!
Tuscan Garlic Chicken. I have heard great reviews of this meal and can't wait!!! Will serve with asparagus!! Yum-o!
~Random want to try of the week~
These homemade orange rolls look TO DIE FOR!!
I have this new desire to try and make things from scratch. It seems so much healthier knowing what is in your meal and is also very gratifying. As you can see Mel's Kitchen has been a BIG hit for me lately because she makes everything, even things with active yeast, seem easy and do-able for the average Joe.
~Review of last weeks menu~
1. Still haven't made the homemade bagels....ran out of time sadly!!! Still want to try them soon.
2. Loved, I mean LOVED, the southwest egg rolls. Def a new favorite in the house.
3. Made the sloppy joes with ground beef, big mistake. We have basically cut that out of our diet so having it didn't really set well...sadly. The taste of the Joe's was delicious so I plan on trying it with ground turkey next. I also added a few tablespoons of grape jelly to give it some depth to the sweetness.
4. The sugar lime cookies were amazing and are my new favorite for a go to sugar cookie.
5. The sticky coconut chicken was really good!!!! It was a different flavor, so if you aren't a HUGE fan of coconut, probably not the best recipe for you. I marinated mine overnight to allow all the flavors to soak in.
6. Baked Ziti and garlic-cheddar biscuits were a great homemade version of an Italian Restaurant Classic. The ziti fed us for about 5 meals!!! Next time I would double the biscuits to have enough for all the meals.