Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Weekly Menu May 29th ~ June 4th

Mom's in town, which means lots of relaxation and of course trying some new recipes!!! There won't be a daily meal plan like normal because we aren't sure of which night's might be a girls night out ;). But, I wanted to share what we want to make this week!!!

{1}
Mini Whoopie Pies from HEALTH magazine. These look delicious but are a healthier alternative for someone trying to watch their weight but still have something sweet! Sounds right up my ally!!!!


{2}
Sweet Potato Crisps. YUM-O! This is a great snack or side to a summer dish. Sweet Potatos are my fav thing.


{3}
Asian Lettuce Wraps from the amazing women at Our Best Bites. I've made them before and decided it would be a great thing to make mom. They are soooo good!


{4}
Vanilla Frozen Yogurt Pops from HEALTH magazine. Another healthier alternative. I can't wait for these. I am in love with greek yogurt and then add graham crackers...yeah I'm sold!


{5}
Soft Baked Pretzel Bites. Yes, I know what you are thinking, not so healthy Kristen....Well, I don't care! I just had to try them after seeing them on a blog. I think I'm going to adjust the recipe for wheat flour and see if they still taste right.


{6}
Broccoli Apple Salad. Looks so fresh and yummy! Of course I will be using a low fat/olive oil mayo. I think this would even be good to add some cooked and diced chicken to if you want to make it a main meal with a little more body to it.


{7}
Buttermilk Pancake Cupcakes with Maple Buttercream. no words can describe how excited I am for these bad boys.


Thats the end of our things we want to try this week... Hopefully we get to most of them! But just looking at the pictures makes me so hungry! We are also making the priscuitto stuffed pasta shells again and my mom is making me some chicken salad!!!

{Recap from two weeks ago}
{a} The pancakes were good, just took forever to cook! But I would def make them again.
{b} That cake was delicious and so easy! Everyone at worked loved it! It's the perfect simple recipe and is easy to keep the ingredients on hand for any surprise guests or parties!
{c} I didn't get around to making the honey lime enchiladas...maybe next week when Thomas gets back.
{d} The pasta shells were TO DIE FOR! I am making them again this week. I love priscuitto so really I had not reserves on this one.


~Kristen~

No comments:

Post a Comment