Sunday, April 3, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

I love weekends. Who doesn't! One thing I really love to do on the weekend is make breakfast. During the week we are so busy with the hustle and bustle that we never get to sit down and start our day together over some homemade food. We usually make breakfast tacos or pancakes, but I have started trying out new things. This morning I made banana chocolate chip muffins and after we ate them and LOVED them...I decided I wanted to start sharing recipes that we like. Here's my first one:

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
adapted from your home based mom


Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola or veg oil
1/2 c sour cream (I used light)
2-3 ripe bananas
2 eggs
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips (I used 3/4)

Directions:
{1}
Mix together the sugar, oil, sour cream, bananas, eggs, baking powder and salt. I placed the bananas in the bowl whole and they mashed fine with using my mixer to combine everything.

{2}
Add vanilla and mix.

{3}
Slowly mix in the flour. Mix just until flour is incorporated into the mix.

{4}
Place batter into muffin tins. Fill about 2/3 full. I used cupcake liners to make clean~up easy. I also always use a 1/3 cup scoop to fill for cupcakes and muffins.

{5}
Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges and a toothpick comes out clean...with the exception of melted chocolate chips.

{6}
ENJOY!!!! I think these would make a great frozen breakfast. Make ahead and freeze in a freezer safe ziploc bag. You could also play around with what you add instead of mini chocolate chips: cherries, blueberries, peanut butter chips....etc


Ok, whew...first recipe! let me know if you try them out!!! Also, please share any yummy recipes you are trying out!!!

~Kristen~

No comments:

Post a Comment