Tuesday, September 11, 2012

the buzz about saving at target


Hi!  I'm Brittany from The Denny Buzz!  I'm so excited that Kristen asked me to do a guest post!  I am a twenty six year old full-time working mom of one!  My daughter, Leightyn, will be one in a couple of weeks!  I'm married to a wonderful man, Shawn, who I fell in love with my senior year of high school!  Kristen and I share an extreme love for Target  so today I wanted to share with you my love of saving money at Target!  Two summer's ago I started couponing.  I really got into it and learned how to save a ton of money.  At that time I stocked up on essentials (deoderant, body wash, razors, etc) that I got for free and we are literally just now running out of them!  When I say couponing please don't picture the TLC show!  I'm talking about a realistic version and not hoarding!  Couponing does take time and mine has definitely slowed down since having our daughter but to me Target is one of the easiest and quickest places for us to save money.  Here are a few important tips that I wanted to share to help you all save money as well!

1.  Target Coupons! - Target has their own coupons and these are amazing because you can stack a Manufacturer's Coupon (MF) on top of the Target one.  Example: I have a Pamper's MF coupon from the Sunday paper for $1.50 off and I have a Pamper's Target coupon for $1 off so I can pair those together and get $2.50 off a pack of diapers!  You can find Target's coupons in several places.

Their website has a large database of them.  Simply go to Target's home page and scroll to the bottom of the page.  Under "ways to save" click on "coupons".  Scroll through and click on the "select to print" box to add it to your list of coupons that will print (*note: some coupons off their site are MF coupons so make sure you check the top heading on the coupon to see if they say "Target coupon" or "Manufacturer's coupon").  You can also find Target coupons in the Sunday newspaper or you may have some print out at the register after you finish checking out.

2.  Target Debit Card! - Listen up, this is a DEBIT card!!  Not a credit card!  It saves you 5% off every purchase you make!  Even in the cafe & at Starbucks located inside Target!  At the bottom of your receipt it keeps a yearly tally of how much money you've saved with your 5% debit card.  Our receipt from a trip on Sunday said we've saved $122.53 so far this year!  That's $122.53 that we have not had to pay out of pocket!  


To sign-up, take a blank check with you.  This will link your debit card to your checking account and then you use your Target debit anytime you shop at Target the same way you would your normal debit card.  It's coming straight out of your checking account the same way your other debit card works, so why would you not get one?!?  As you can tell, I'm a huge fan of this money-saving feature and try to tell anyone I can about it!  If that wasn't enough to convince you, then how about free shipping off any on-line order you place, no minimum purchase, and you still save the 5% off your total!  

3.  Take your Reusable Bags! - Anytime that you bring in your own bag you will save $0.05 off your purchase for each bag used (ex: you use 4 bags, you save $0.20).  This may not seem like a lot but you are saving money and you are helping save the earth!

4.  Totally Target! - This is a great blog that is dedicated to saving money at Target!  It is a great resource and they provide you with step-by-step deals you can go get that week at Target.  It walks you through what coupons you need and where you can find them.

5.  Hip2Save! - This is a great blog that helps you save money at Target and pretty much every store you can think of!!  Definitely check it out!!  This is my number one go-to site for finding deals! 

6.  Clearance! - It seems like I have a radar for those heavenly red clearance tags!  You can always find multiple clearance areas at Target!  My husband recently read an article and educated me on how their clearance system works.  Definitely check it out here!  

I hope this was a help to all of you Target-lovers and I hope you all can save some money the next time you take a trip there!  Please buzz-in and say hi to me over at The Denny Buzz!  Another big thanks to Kristen for having me today!

Happy savings!!
~Brittany

3 comments:

  1. these are awesome tips! I may go get a target debit card today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! I knew about their credit card, but I didn't know about the debit card! I'm definitely going to look into getting one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all these tips. Thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower. I'd love for you to stop by.

    Kimberly @ mypinterestreality.com

    ReplyDelete