Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sisters in the NYC


it's tuesday...which means time to meet a fellow blogger!!!

today i'm super excited because you are getting to meet one of my real life best friends and her little sister...
they just moved to nyc together...
can't wait for you to meet them!!!
(and get ready to see an OLDIE but a GOODIE pic of me)
                                                                                     


Hi! We are so excited to be guests on Kristen's blog today!!!

This is Ashley


And this is Shelby


And we are from Sisters in the NYC (that sounds like the beginning of a What Not To Wear episode, ha ha). We recently relocated from Dallas to Manhattan and wanted a way to keep in touch with friends and family and show them what we are up to in the city. If you missed it in the title- we are sisters. We are living together in a small New York City apartment with Ashley's dog Pixie. Ashley works in the fashion industry and Shelby is a student at the Fashion Institute of Technology. If you enjoy reading about fun adventures in New York City then follow our blog!



You guys probably are not aware that Ashley and Kristen have actually known each other since the third grade! They went to school together every year after that including college. Here is a picture from the first Baylor University football game freshman year. Can't believe that was already 8 years ago.....


Kristen asked us some questions so you guys can get to know us a little better:

What are the top five things someone should know about you?
A: I always have to start my day with at least one cup of coffee. I love chocolate (well, dark chocolate) but almost always prefer something salty over something sweet. I HATE bananas....and ostriches. My dog is like my child- she might be a little spoiled. I like to cook and as a vegetarian I'm always looking for new ways to experiment with food. 
S: I always have to have my nails painted. You will never meet anyone who has more knowledge on the television show Friends than I do. I'm a shopaholic! (no surprise there since I go to fashion school) I'm always listening to music. I not so secretly wish that I was British. 

What got you into blogging?
We started our blog as a way for our friends and family to read about our adventures in NYC. 

What is your biggest tip to a new blogger?
A: Make your blog about something that is interesting to you. That way you will always have something to write about. The more original the better so you stand out from the millions of blogs our there right now. 
S: Take inspiration from other blogs but don't copy them. You want to stay true to yourself.

What would be your go to, can’t live without, makeup item?
A: Mascara...my eyelashes are blonde so I look like an alien without it 
S: Blush..I'm so pale so I have to keep some color on my face.

 If you could be any age forever, what age would you be and why.
A: I guess I would be the age I am now. I have my whole life so far behind me with all of that experience and knowledge.
S: Probably 23 the age I will be when I graduate from college. That's a turning point in your life where you have so many different directions you can take with your life.

 If you had to describe yourself through your favorite stores, what would they be? 
A: Anthropologie, Madewell, J Crew, Banana Republic, H&M
S: Anthropologie, H&M, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales

This was fun! Thanks Kristen for letting us take over your blog today. We love new friends- stop by and say hi anytime!!
XOXO
Ashley and Shelby

5 comments:

  1. How fun! Loved all the questions/answers! Stopping by from the GFC Hop! Loving your blog. Say hello to your newest follower from Texas! I'm so excited to read more from you.

    If you have time, stop on by my blog and say hello!
    Ali @ All Things Pink & Sparkly
    http://alizabethxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I'm dropping by from the Hop, and I am so excited to be your newest follower! :) : )

    Breanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey There!! I love your cute blog! I found you through the GFC blog hop! My mothers maiden name is Wright so I feel like we have a tiny little connection!! I'm your newest follower!

    http://Cbsarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. now follow you thru GFC. found u thru the naptime review gfc follower blog hop. thanks!

    ReplyDelete