Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Guest Post: Lyndsey @ The Loflands

happy tuesday!
i'm so happy to have my first guest post!!!
my friend lyndsey from The Lofland's Blog was so sweet to be my first guest and 
i couldn't be more excited to introduce y'all to her.
we went to college together and have stayed in touch throughout the years. her blog is one of my first to follow and still one of my go to favorites. her fashion and home decor sense are bomb.com but just wait to see her little boy. he's precious. just precious. i asked her to answer some must know quesitons!! without further ado....

Meet Lyndsey!



1.     What are the top five things someone should know about you?


-I’m a homebody. I would MUCH rather stay in with a good movie and wine than get dressed up for a night on the town!
-I HATE to clean, but I LOVE to organize!
-I love crafting, but I tend to start things and not finish them (hence the quiet book I haven’t touched in over a month, and the dozen or so photo books that are still incomplete). I prefer day projects!
- I like to talk, but I tend to be the “listener” in a conversation. So if you have something you need to vent about or work through by talking it all out in very tiny details, I’m the person to do it to. J
- I love taking photos of my baby boy and I wish I were better at it; I just don’t have the patience to read through the manual or tons of articles online. I pretty much just wing it and hope for the best!


2.     What got you into blogging?

I started blogging in 2008, a few months after I got married. I don’t really remember where I got the idea exactly, but I have a very bad memory and started my blog specifically so I would have those memories to look back on later. Especially the day to day things that I know I would forget about.


3.     What is your biggest tip to a new blogger?

Leave comments and make blog buddies! I love the network of support you can find through blogging, and there are so many people out there I feel connected too even though we’ve never met! Put them on your side bar for other people to find and most likely they will put you on theirs too. I get a lot of traffic via other blogs.


4.     What would be your go to, can’t live without, makeup item?

Normally I would say my chapstick because I HAVE to have it on at all times, but my latest obsession has been my Two Faced Primed and Poreless face primer. I love how smooth and flawless it makes my skin look, and it’s very light so I don’t feel like I’m even wearing anything!


5.     If you could be any age forever, what age would you be and why?

I think I would choose 30. I’m not there yet, but in my mind, 30 sounds like a true adult but still young enough to have fun. Even though I’m married and have a child, sometimes I feel too young to be taken seriously. Maybe I feel too young to take MYSELF seriously. And I tend to hang out with people that are older than me, so sometimes I feel silly being so much younger! I know when I’m 30 though, I will probably wish to be 25 again so there you go.


6.     If you had to describe yourself through your favorite stores, what would they be?

Target – you get a little bit of everything and you almost always leave happy! :) 




didn't you just love getting to know lyndsey?!? I sure did!!
please give her some love over at her blog!!!

if you are interested in guest posting...
feel free to email me!

happy tuesday friends!
kristen

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up at the GFC Blog Hop!! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her blog! And yes, her home decor is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her blog and her little boy is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute little darling boy!

    Come say hi at nichollvincent.blogspot.com and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved reading this!! It's so fun to get to know my favorite bloggers a little bit better! And Lyndsey, I totally feel you on the projects. I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I keep saying i'm going to get all of my photo books done but it just hasn't happened yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to Admin for sharing such an informative list of Guest Blogging Sites. Followed by this article I started publishing various Guest Posting for my niche. Addition to the above list here with I am sharing an another Content rich blog https://jharaphula.com

    ReplyDelete